• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA to change value with index function

wamaral

Hey guys,

Y'all been awesome so far with helping me with my excel questions so I got one more that has been stumping me for a few hours now. I have attached a basic example which incorporates 2 worksheets. Due to limitations involving looking-up values across multiple sheets I have decided that I want data from input sheets to be pushed into the summary sheet. My example that I have shared has only two sheets, but the actual workbook has multiple sheets, that are always changing, so I figured this solution to be the easiest.

Basically I would like the following to happen.

When the date is changed on the input sheet I want the corresponding manager's date to change on the summary sheet.

For instance: If I changed the date to 1/31/2013 on the input sheet, I want the summary sheet to also show 1/31/2013 for manager 1. Because the location of Manager 1 on the summary sheet will not always to in the same position, a VBA of offset/index would be necessary. This would also allow for me to change the manager and update the date value as well.

What would be the cleanest way to write this code? I am pretty familiar with offset and index functions but unfortunately don't know how to translate that into VBA. Could someone please help me with this? You guys are the best.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?j7qumzs41g92qsd

Back