• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA question

Radu

Hi all,

I have a weekly report that I've chosen to reformat using a dashboard approach. All the sheets in my report have combo box form controls that show the start and end of week dates (for instance, 22.02.2010 - 28.02.2010). What I would like is that when the user chooses another week in the combo box's drop-down list, the report corresponding to that week to open in a new Excel instance. All of the historical reports are in the same folder to which all the users have access, and all the reports' names are like "Weekly report - week dates". Can this be done with VBA (I'm fairly new to it)? I would be happy to provide more details, if needed.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Best regards from Romania,

Radu

Radu

It is possible to setup a macro you have described.

I wouldn't recommend it as if some one then selects a different date they will then save a new or multiple versions of the same file.

You are better off to have one person responsible for setting up the weekly reports and then notify other users that this weeks report is available at whatever location it is.

If your spreadsheet is setup correctly why save multiple copies of each report?

As any report can be reproduced at any stage by setting the dates appropriately.

I would suggest saving End of Year copies of the Spreadsheet and then setup a new one for the following year.

Hi Hui,

Thanks for the advice, I will try to do without the VBA. Like you said, there's no point in having multiple versions of the same report, or make the project error prone.

Have a great one,

Radu

Back