• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA Perform Autofill formula in specified column name/location

explrll

Hello,

I have a VBA macro that will insert a new column (titled updated col..) to the right of the specified column name. Then I use a VLOOKUP and autofill in the new column to provide the updated values. The column location of the updated column is variable/dynamic. How can I make the autofill function automatically perform in the column range lu or in the adjacent column?

I tried to write it like this
Code:
Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range(Cells(2, Columns(lu).Column) & Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row)

My current solution requires manually inputting the column Letter location every time before running the VBA
Code:
Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("M2:M" & Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row)

Code:
Sub UpdatedSupplierListPriceVlookUp4()
'
' UpdatedSupplierListPriceVlookUp referencing local vendor PN with WF vendor pn & Supplier List Price
'
    Dim bulkWF As Worksheet
    Dim bulkRSQPMWF As Worksheet
    Dim LastRow As Long
    Dim l As Long
    Dim lu As Long
    Dim DELETEmessage As Variant

Set bulkWF = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("WF")
    Set bulkRSQPMWF = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("RSQ PM WF")

Sheets("RSQ PM WF").Activate

' Select Supplier List Price col for vlookup values
    l = Rows("1").Find("Supplier List Price").Column
    Columns(l).EntireColumn.Select
'Insert column to right for vlookup values
    ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).EntireColumn.Select
    Selection.Insert Shift:=xlToRight
'insert title value = "Updated Supplier List Price"
' Set Up Column lu reference for Updated Supplier List Price Col
    ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0).Value = "Updated Supplier List Price"
    lu = Rows("1").Find("Updated Supplier List Price").Column
    ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select

'insert VLOOKUP
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=VLOOKUP(RC2,WF!C2:C4,3,FALSE)"
'Autofill vlookup
        Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("M2:M" & Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row)

End Sub

CROSS-POSTED

MREXCEL

Solution:
Code:
Selection.AutoFill destination:=Cells(2, lu).Resize(Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row - 1)

OZGRID

EXCEL FORUM

Solution:
Code:
Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range(cells(2,lu), cells(Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row, lu))

explrll
as written in Forum Rules,
These are step about cross-posting:
  • Cross-Posting. Generally, it is considered poor practice to cross post. That is to post the same question on several forums in the hope of getting a response quicker.
  • If you do cross-post, please put that in your post.
  • Also if you have cross-posted and get an Solution elsewhere, have the courtesy of posting the Solution here so other readers can learn from the answer also, as well as stopping people wasting their time on your answered question.

Back