• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA for visio

Richa500

I want to update some of the visio blocks ( in the org chart) using macro. Basically i have an chart in visio, i want to edit the box to include the people who are a newly added based on the unique id to those boxes in the chart. Please assist.

Richa500
You want something update without let other even guess what do You really have?
You should update Your ... visio ... with Excel-file with Your hopes.

Richa500
You want something update without let other even guess what do You really have?
You should update Your ... visio ... with Excel-file with Your hopes.
I am looking to update organizational chart in visio by using a macro. Do you have an idea how to make an organizational chart in visio using excel. I dont have the data yet.

Richa500
Many things are possible with Macros,
but if You have just those two lines - then there would be a challenge.
You should have some kind of vision ... what do You really would like to get?
Do You have an image that others would ... guess ... what do You really need?
Now, You're giving empty A4-paper and You're asking other to fill it ... hmm?

I am attaching the sheet, and i want to write a vba which does make the same chart ( automatically) i did using the smart art. In the chart you can see it list the employee based on there unique id. All the ID which is under 200 they are listed in a hierarchy under the main supervisor employee based on their salary. So in that case the employee 200 ( unique id) will be on top 200+ will be under him and they are arranged based on their salary under him. Employee 300 are below 200 in a separate box but connected and similar code will list the employee 300+ under the employee 300

Attachments

• Book2.xlsx
    22.3 KB · Views: 6
Richa500
You didn't have ... but You had.
This is a sample, which shows those names as You have a vision.

Attachments

• Book2.xlsb
    18.3 KB · Views: 7
Back