• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA Excel VLookUp Between Two Worksheets to collect Information.

Jintox

Hey, I recently started learning and looking into VBA And have found many similarities, but can't seem to figure out how to get started with the task I have to handle:

Basically I have 2 different work Sheets with the same column name. Work sheet 1 has Values such as "54579465" and Work sheet 2 has the same value but "54-57-94-65".

What I want to do is use a VLookup function to check Worksheet 1 Column "E:E" and compare if it's the same Value as Worksheet 2 Column "AJ:AJ" If it is the same value - then I want to be able to look up Information on Worksheet 2 from columns "C:C" and "J:J" and copy that information To Worksheet 3 - with no duplicates.

It's also worth nothing, Worksheet 1 has 15,000 rows of Information (but multiple of the same value) in E:E Compared to Worksheet 2 which has 519 Rows. To which, I would probably want an Array.

Some help or advice to get me started would really be appreciated

Attach a workbook with the sheets as you describe with Sheet3 populated manually with about 10 rows of results. Remove material you don't want in the public domain, and if the file is too big reduce the number of rows in Sheet1 to a couple of thousand (making sure there'll be some matches to be found still though).
This will answer a lot of questions we may have and encourage people to respond.

Basically I have 2 different work Sheets with the same column name.
Work sheet 1 has Values such as "54579465" and Work sheet 2 has the same value but "54-57-94-65".
Hey, so it is very not the same value ! Anyway easy workarounds to convert "54579465" to "54-57-94-65" :​
  • according to Excel basics via cells formatting in order Sheet1 cells be displayed like Sheet2
    then under VBA just reading the cell property Text

• Or using the VBA text function Format.

• Or directly via a beginner level formula combining function VLOOKUP with TEXT which converts the numbers.
For more help just well read & follow previous post …​

Back