• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA code required for changing cell references to include Sheet name for all cells in a sheet

Bryant

Hi guys, first post here.

How can we change Excel to include sheet name by default when referencing a cell in the same sheet?

Otherwise, is there any method to change all cells from =A1 to =Sheet1!A1? Thanks!

Bryant

Firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

Most people are annoyed when Excel adds the current sheetname during formula construction and want to remove it

Can I ask Why you would want to include it in all cases?

Thanks Hui for your reply.

One way I can use the feature is when I copy formulas from Sheet1 to Sheet 2, but would still like to refer to the cells in Sheet1. Without the feature, I’d have to use other less handy/efficient methods to update my cells in Sheet2:)

When you construct a formula start with pressing =
then click on any other worksheet and click back to the original worksheet
Now all references will have the worksheets name included

Suppose I have already built my sheets, how do I use functions or options or VBA to change all these variables to include localSheetName?

I think there is a 1 or 2 Hr limit for Regular Users
What did you want it changed too?

Would like to change it to "Need VBA code for changing cell references to include Sheet!name for all cells in a sheet" :)

Back