• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA Based Data Migration Tool

Girish D R

Hello..

I have sets of data which needs to be migrated as one...

First data -- The List of Products & the Discount IDs (Here Product codes are unique & each product will have one Discount ID. But Discount IDs are not unique one discount ID can be shared with multiple Product codes)..

Second data -- The Discount IDs list along the multiple quantity ranged tiered discounts..

I need to VBA tool which converts the above data into the Product code with Discount IDs list along the multiple quantity ranged tiered discounts..

Attached the simple file as an example with the expected result sheet 3.. I know the exampled data can be achieved with a simple Pivot table by using relationship option...

The real data is too huge and I tried using the options like Power Query, Power Pivot which is not helping me here.. If some can built a VBA tool which will help me..

Hope someone can help to get tool to get this done

Thanks
Girish

Attachments

• Format.xlsx
    15.1 KB · Views: 7
Girish D R
One sample for testing ...
Hi Vletm,

Yes it works fine, but my bad my example format had a minor mistake.. In Result tab Column ‘C’ should have ‘Discount Type’ & Column ‘D’ ‘Discount Tier Type’

Hope this is can be updated… attached the updated format..

Thanks
Girish

Attachments

• Format.xlsx
    15.6 KB · Views: 3
Also possible with Power Query. See attached. Right-click the green table on Result sheet and choose Refresh.

Attachments

• Chandoo44832Format.xlsx
    30.7 KB · Views: 6
Also possible with Power Query. See attached. Right-click the green table on Result sheet and choose Refresh.
Thanks but in actual report its not working since data format not supported.."DataFormat.Error: We couldn't convert to Number"

Regards
Girish

Back