• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Using Excel As Database

yaguaso

The article entitled "Using Excel As Your Database" is designed only to filter data with texts, but I would like to know if there any way of filtering decimal numerical values without presenting errors or doing the rounding operation.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Your question is very open ended. Without details of your particular issue, it is difficult to determine what an appropriate answer is. I have no knowledge of the article you posted. Where is this article located so that it may be read and understood and possibly put into context to your question. Without further information, I don't know why a db could not be filtered(queried) on a particular number or range of numbers whether integers or decimals.

Alan, fyi, it's on the :awesome:-blog, from a couple of years ago. It's a rather long read.

yaguaso, my 5 cent: I think Excel should not be used as a database, since you have dedicated tools for that. It is not because it is possible, it is the best thing to do. Though having read some reactions, some are very enthusiastic about it. Personal preferences...

I follow Alan that the thread is not specific enough. Indeed why would you not be able to filter on decimals? Perhaps, because of rounding, between 2.5 and 2.6, gives you all that is "2.5". Again, depending on specifications that is.

Thanks Alan for replying this thread.

The referred article is "Using Excel As Your Database". It was posted by Chandoo.org on April 2nd, 2012 in Automation and designed only to filter data with texts.

So a program was adapted to query data through two Comboxes. One to filter text y the other to filter values (some of them decimals). I would like to know if there any way of filtering decimal numerical values without presenting errors or doing the rounding operation. This program works well when integer values are selected, but roundup when decimals values are selected. I have tried so many ways of changing the WERE CLAUSE, shows below, but it has been a hard task to find a solution.

upload_2018-4-17_9-19-8.png
Annex is the aforementioned program
Regards

Orlando

Attachments

• Print ITEM.xlsm
    64.5 KB · Views: 2
So you need macro help, in which SQL is used to extract/filter ...
I think the thread should be moved to the macro section to enhance the reply rate to your query. Don't know if you can moved it yourself though.

Back