• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Using ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink to open a downloaded XLSX file isn't working

Jephph

Let me first say that I'm using a Mac and a novice at that.

I want to download an excel file stored on the web and open it. From my research, the following code should do that...
Code:
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=myURL + myFileName, NewWindow:=True

This code works to download the file but does not open it. What am I doing wrong? (I believe it would work on a PC, but doesn't work on Mac. Is there another step or setting?)

The reason I need to open this file is so that I can copy its contents into another spreadsheet. I'm doing this as a workaround to using "Get External Data". We need this spreadsheet to work on both PC and Mac which is proving to be a pain in the neck.

Thank you in advance for your help. I'm not new to Excel, but this project is taking my knowledge and experience up a notch. I've done a lot of research and have been impressed by some of the other answers on this site so I decided to join. Don't know what help I may be to others, but we'll see.

Last edited:
Jephph
Do You really use + within Your code?
Have You tried to use &, instead of it?
Have You verified that those two variables are correct?
... that the 'result' of those is what could work?
... ... including pathseparator

Back