• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Userform Issue

Hi,

I have a peculiar problem. I have created a userform and populating data in to it from Excel which is from a Access Database query. When I open the Excel file the form shows up and data is populating in a second. But if someone else is opening the same file, once when they click the "SHOW" button remains pressed and I can see excel flickers continouosly in the left hand bottom corner where a small icon and Ready appears.

I have to then stop the execution by pressing Ctrl + Break. But sometimes, it works in the same PC. Its not stable.

Can anyone tell me what is the problem?

To Explain you further this is what I am doing:

a) Click a button in Excel to show the Userform

b) Click "SHOW" button in Userform

(The moment Show is pressed, Data is fetched from Access Database and Excel First

row gets populated)

c) The Form Fields are linked to Excel cells in the first row and will show up once

when populated.

d) When the Show button remains clicked and hangs, I can see the Excel where the data is correctly populated. The only left out portion is show them in the form fields for which there is no coding as form fields are already linked. This is where the problem is.

I hope I am clear to you guys. Any help will help me in fixing this peculiar issue.

As i told already, I don't have this issue in my laptop. I see this only in other PCs. To your information these normal PCs have 2GB RAM. So I can't even blame the system slowness for this problem.

Please help.

Regards,

Ramnath

Ramnath,

Network is the issue here...

possible workaround would be to keep the access database on a shared drive which everyone uses and then test the application again.

~Vijay

sharma.vijay1@gmail.com

Hi Vijay,

Application & Database are already in shared drive. But I know the problem is in the Excel sheet where I populate the data from Access database.

The screen is flickering continously and Processing 1% to 100% is happening even if I press Ctrl + Break.

If I solve this issue, everything will be perfect. I donno what Excel is calculating in a loop. But I have no loop in the coding. The only problem is in the excel sheet.

Regards,

Ramnath

Back