• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Useful Tool - NextReports Designer

Chihiro

Excel Ninja
In my work, I often have to work with multiple database types linking queried data to produce reports.

There are great tools for each database types (SQL server manager, MySQL Workbench etc), but they only work with database of specific type and switching between tools can be tedious.

Also, these tools does not take into consideration, any limitation imposed within Excel (such as Pivot function in SQL server, which can't be used in Native Query script in PowerQuery, MS Query).

While I use Notepad++ for most scripting, sometimes I wished that I could quick run query and see result before making further modifications.

This tool, is free (you only pay if you want professional support) and does pretty good job of handling various types of Databases. So far, I have not had any issue replicating query built within this tool in Excel.

http://www.next-reports.com/

It's part of larger suite of reporting tools (I use the entire suite. While it lacks in certain area such as Data Discovery or more advanced charting. It's adequate and very easy to use tool for KPI dashboard).

Designer can be used as stand-alone to connect to various databases to build query with preview and can work as export tool for query result when Excel does not support the database type (supports various other export as well).

upload_2016-8-18_10-51-38.png

Back