• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Use Search & retrieve button to get list from Master Table using 2 or more criteria

PK_90

Hi Masters,

I have a master data of 40 columns in a sheet and has the more than 2000 rows. In a separate sheet i want to create 4 drop downs and use Search button to fetch details from the Master data sheet.

Kindly help me in devising a code for this.

Thanks in advance to all the geniuses here :)

The attachment here is just a small example. I want to select any 3 criteria in a different sheet by dropdowns and then have a SEARCH button to retrieve the search results in the same sheet

Regards,
Kumar

Attachments

• Test_1.xlsx
    31.6 KB · Views: 8
Hi,

That's true. However, My stakeholder wants to see an interactive DB where they can select options from drop-downs and then click search to have them visible in the shortlisted rows.

Is this very complex to do using VBA? Kindly assist me here.

It's a Sales data where I have all the annual data in a sheet and then I want to have 4 drop downs in another sheet for City, Category, Country, Customer and click on SEARCH button to see the data accordingly.

Is this doable?

Thanks again :)

DB ?! -> Access

If you want to filter an Excel table,
the very easy way is an Excel inner filter where dropdowns already exist !
Nothing to create, nothing to code ! …

If you really want your own dropdowns, you can use an advanced filter
for each list to create with unique items.
Once these lists are created, you can affect each list to a dropdown
or just to the easy cell validation …
And once all criterias filled, you can use a filter.

Hi PK_90,
You request 4 filters: City, Category, Country, Customer.
Where are those columns in the uploaded sample data? Only country is available. Please upload a sample that is 100% like the real deal, only less data and "fake" data to anonymize.

Their could be a way with some formulae in the name manager to create unique lists, 4 drop downs based on those lists and a button for applying an advanced filter.
I believe 1 line of macro code will do then.
I learned this from here:
https://www.goodly.co.in/?s=advanced filter

https://www.goodly.co.in/advanced-filter-in-excel/

Back