• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Updating data labels for charts with two-layer X-axis

ChrisFB

Hi! I hope I explain this well enough ...

I have a chart with a two-layer X-axis. I wish to only display the data labels for the last data points in each grouping. On the image below, I only want to display the data labels for 05-Dec-2017 in the Red, White, Blue, Green, and Pink regions. While I can certainly add the labels manually, others will use the file who may not not be very Excel-savvy so I wish to automate this process.

ScreenShot.JPG

I found code here on these forums that will update the data label for the last points in a series and it works well as you can see in the screenshot. (FYI, I've removed the fill for the text for the first two data series as I really only need the last two since they sum to 100%).

Does anyone have suggestions as to how to modify the VBA found in the link provided to achieve the desired result?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Chris

Give us a file with these data and chart so we can experiment. No-one's going to set up the workbook like yours from a picture.

Chris

Firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

Why not add a Data Label to all series and use formula in that range to either set a blank or a value depending on its position.

Supply a sample file is the preferred method to derive a more targeted solution

Back