• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Unit Price calculation

owais

Hi Excel Gurus,

Ok i have this question

I am selling a medicine @ 200 $ per box and there is an offer buy 10 boxes and get 2 free!!
Customer takes 10 boxes and as an offer gets 2 boxes free,
But later he returns 1 Box , so how can i calculate the refund and how much in excel, so i can calculate dynamically if more than 2 pieces are returned or so on?

Last edited:
Return item is assumed 1 of purchased 10 item and not free ones, so since due to return of one box the offer doesn't stand now as he has purchased only 9 items , so what will happen to unit price as all needs to be recalculated for refund?

so he wants refund for n # of goods returned but since i sold 12 pieces at price of 10, so what will be recalculated unit price and refund amount if any

owais
For me, based Your written offer
I am selling a medicine @ 200 $ per box and there is an offer buy 10 boxes and get 2 free!!
The buyer can want refund ... but ... then the buyer should also return those 2 free boxes.
After that - there could be something ... refund.

Ps. Here - in the real World, medicines ... of course can return ... but those cannot sell anymore! ( = useless )

he he no no cant do like that , i know this is very tricky but its areal life situation!!!
maybe we need to recalculate the unit price and take the 2 units which were free of charge as chargeable goods and then calculate refund if any ...
your thoughts?

owais
My thoughts:
Ask that buyer or someone else to buy more Your offers like
eg 10 boxes (to get 2 free) ... and ... one hour later (or at once) to bring back those 10 boxes and ask refund.
After that ... the buyer have 2 free and full refund ... hmm?
That same procedure could repeat until You do not have anything to sell, because You have always given 2 free.
... based Your next ... reply
Same could do without that buyer would need to use money at all,
by giving 2 frees as long time as You'll have those.
I checked Your file too ...
Have You done that kind of business a long time?

ha ha !!! no seriously thx for making may day miserable ;)
check this file

Attachments

• New Microsoft Excel Worksheet.xlsx
    8.8 KB · Views: 5
Back