• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Unique Dependent Drop Down List from Table

fareedexcel

Hi,

I have a list of table with three Columns - Company, Dept, BU. Company drop down should have a unique list from the company column and as per the company selection, Department name should be populated with unique values. BU Name drop down depend on the Department selection which should also populate unique values.

Finally as per the selection, summation of the selection should happen. Need your support.

Note - Sample file is attached

Attachments

• DD-Test.xlsx
    11.5 KB · Views: 5
Thanks for the link. But I feel difficulty in understanding the logic. If someone could look into my sample attachment and give a solution it would be grateful

Thanks Bosco for the formula. I have a question incase if any additional data is added to column A,B,C how it can dynamically gets updated in Level 1,2,3 list?? So each time whether we need to setup the range manually when new data is included in Column A,B,C,D.

Now only capturing the unique list dynamically from Column F to J will be a challenge it seems

Thanks Bosco for the formula. I have a question incase if any additional data is added to column A,B,C how it can dynamically gets updated in Level 1,2,3 list?? So each time whether we need to setup the range manually when new data is included in Column A,B,C,D.

Now only capturing the unique list dynamically from Column F to J will be a challenge it seems

For dynamic multiple levels dropdown list, please click and check with Post #02 AliGW's linked article.

Regards

....if any additional data is added to column....
Attached is a solution based on the example from this link

If you are adding a new item to the 'Base' sheet, then you have to add a new column to the table on 'Sheet1'.
Hope it helps.

Attachments

• fareedexcel-navic-42282.xlsx
    23.7 KB · Views: 8
A different approach, and quick to set up: use a pivot table with slicers. In the attached:
Starting with nothing selected you get a total of 465 hours for all companies/departments/BU Names:

After that when you select say ABC, the appropriate departments float to the top (as do the BU Names) and the Total Hours updates:

When you furthr select a Department the relevant BU Names appear at the top of their slicer:

The same sort of thing happens when you make a selection from any of the slicers, the others update themselves.

Attachments

• Chandoo42282DD-Test.xlsx
    18.8 KB · Views: 9
Back