• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Top 20% Array Formula not calculating correctly

mf1

Hi everyone,

I have an array formula to calculate the Top 20% of each category in this data set and it's not calculating correctly. What it should be doing:

1. Select the Top 20% Stores of a selected category based on GMROF (sorted highest) , then:

• Calculate the average sales $ of the selected category from the Top 20%
  • Calculate the average GP$ of the selected category from the Top 20%
  • Calculate the average m2 of the selected category from the Top 20%
  • Calculate the average stock $ of the selected category from the Top 20%
So the formula needs to go through the same calculation for the next category, as the Top 20% Stores for the next category maybe different from the previous category.

Thanks for your help

Cheers,
Narof

Attachments

• Top 20% File.xlsx
    545 KB · Views: 4
Taking Alan's suggestion a bit further, see the pivot table and slicer around row 2535 of the attached.
I think all of your requirements are met, but be aware that the averages are to be found in the bottom (sub)total row. The values above those averages are a bit meaningless since they're all just one store.
If you're not interest in seeing just which stores are in the top 20%, you can collapse the Dept Lvl 3/Category field to leave only the subtotal row.

Attachments

• Chandoo38942 Top 20% File.xlsx
    825.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.
I want to have another report linked to this so it can bring across all Top 20% data for every category. Would that mean I would have to have 30 pivot tables?

My original formula was trying to give me the answer for every category.

Thanks,

Michael

On the slicer, click where the red arrow's pointing:
upload_2018-6-25_8-32-51.png
On the slicer, you can use the standard keyboard/mouse combinations (holding the shift or Ctrl key while selecting with the mouse) to select any combination of categories.

Or you can use the drop down:
upload_2018-6-25_8-37-47.png

Then depending on how much data you want to see on each category you can right-click anywhere in the Dept Lvl 3 column and choose to expand/collapse the entire field (see below). Or do it on a single category by clicking on the +/- buttons, visible on the extreme left below:
upload_2018-6-25_8-41-23.png

Back