• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

To create a Weekly Tracker for counting of Lab Samples

Sam RS

Hi All,

Greetings!!! Main objective of this given task is as follows:---
To prepare a tracker that tracks a number of Lab samples received on a weekly basis - all on one google sheet spreadsheet with a tab for each client

There are 6 different clients. Each client's data is stored in separate folders in a specified drive. Each client folder contains Lab Transaction details that too again in different files.
For eg. a sample file is given below - Accu Ref Lab is the Master Tracker.
CRM - Lab is the report wherein I need to get the data for across the past 6 months stored in different files (Month-wise) and again in different folders for different clients.

Used Sumif formula in the same workbook but in a different worksheet. The solution is working as enclosed inm"Sheet 1" of Accu Ref Lab. However, the same doesn't work in a different Workbook or Spreadsheet

Attachments

• CRM - Lab.xlsx
    19.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Accu Ref Lab Daily Tracker - July''2020.xlsx
    138.3 KB · Views: 1
Hi, welcome to the forum.

You mention "google sheet". This forum is dedicated to Excel and related products. If you are looking for solution in google sheets. You'd have better luck asking else where.

Hi Chihiro,

Thanks for your reply....But I still believe that one can use & replicate Excel formulae in Spreadsheets also... Isn't this correct?

To the best of my knowledge, nowadays Google Spreadsheets are in vogue for various/multiple individuals in any team to work on Daily/Weekly/Monthly Trackers or Reporting tasks. Kindly correct me, in case if my understanding is wrong.

replicate Excel formulae in Spreadsheets
Not always. Some functions are only available in Excel, and others only in Google Sheets. But that's not the point here. This forum is dedicated to Excel (and related product such as PowerBI). As forum title "Ask Excel Questions" indicate... Questions about Google Sheets is off topic.

Google Spreadsheets are in vogue
Can't say for sure, but last I checked, estimate is about 1/4 of users use Google Sheets when compared against Excel. Number may be more skewed in favor of Office suite, when you specifically consider businesses.

Most of the companies I've worked with in recent years used MS 365, to lesser extent older Office suite, very few used G-Suite. But then my observation is biased. Since, my skill is far more advanced in MS suite than G-Suite, and I'm more likely to be involved in projects that involve MS products.

Very informative message based upon your personal experience... Thanks for your valuable guidance and info shared!!!

Anyways I did manage to get my answers by using either Sumif() or Sumifs() and pasting it in a different Spreadsheet by replicating the Excel formulae as specified above.

Back