• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Timestamp Formula - Need Last Modified Date to change if any of the cells in a row change.

I found a great formula online that creates a timestamp if one cell is revised. However, I need it to work if one or more cells in the row changes. Please see attached file for sample data and the formula I found.
Thank you for your consideration!:)

Attachments

• Sample Timestamp.xlsx
    13.2 KB · Views: 26
You need to separate CELL("address") into column and row.

Something like...
Code:
=IF(A2<>"",IF(AND(G2<>"",CELL("col")<=6,CELL("col")>=1,CELL("row")=ROW(A2)),NOW(),.....)
Do the same for 2nd If statement as well.

Edit: After bit of testing found some oddity when CELL("col") is used in formula. Instead store CELL("col") in out of way cell and use it like below. Same goes for CELL("row")
Code:
=IF(COUNTA(A2:F2)>0,IF(AND(G2<>"",$K$1<=6,$K$1>=1,$L$1=ROW(A2)),NOW(),IF(OR(AND($L$1<>ROW(A2),$K$1<7),$K$1>6),G2,NOW())),"")

So to reset time stamp, you need to remove values from A:F range.

Edit2:
Hmm, there's further oddity when confirming values. Never confirm change using mouse pointer. Meaning if you type value in D2. Don't select another cell to confirm change, it will cause CELL() to return selected cell's column and row.

Always confirm value in cell using key pad.

Last edited:
Brilliant. I have to admit, I'm not entirely sure how this works, but thrilled that it does! Here is the entire formula:
=IF(A2<>"",IF(AND(G2<>"",CELL("col")<=6,CELL("col")>=1,CELL("row")=ROW(A2)),NOW(),IF(CELL("address")<>ADDRESS(ROW(A2),COLUMN(A2)),G2,NOW())),"")
Thank you so much!!!!

I'm having trouble again. I had it working, then it stopped working. So, I tried the second formulation option using 'Counta' and that's not working either.

Attachments

• Sample Timestamp.xlsx
    12.9 KB · Views: 20
You are missing few things.
1. You don't have iterative calculation turned on.
2. In K1 missing =Cell("col")
3. In L1 missing =Cell("row")

Back