• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Time zone Vba

Monty

Hello Experts.
Please need experts advise....We are planning to put a macro file in a separate workstation as the macro has to work for 24/7 so that it should not distrub any other work ..

The macro functionally is basically running based on different countries time zones manually by clicking the button..which will fetch data from another application which is working fine.

Question ....

How to make macro to run automatically based on different countries time zones ...if I can prepare main sheet with country names and it's timings without manually intervention..

Please advise...

I think you'll need to share some more details of your set up. I can't tell what you are trying to achieve from your post.

Guys ...Thank u so very much for your response. I have been following the rules of our forum...that we should attach sample file or screenshot to give more clarity, but unfortunately I am writing these from my mobile, unable to give you the exact picture.

Let me simplify my ask:

There is a macro which is working perfectly fine interacting with in-house application and generating file and sending out as mails...

Challenges:

While running macro by end user, we know that user cannot perform any other task on desktop....

Macro running time 1 he ...Tried very hard to decrease the time to perform the job to 45mts... as it interacts with other applications to generate files...Am perfectly fine with that as it expected.

For one country it is taking 45mts ...same way need to run 30 more countrys on different timings based on business requirements by the changing country and running macro....So staff is just running the macro and has to sit back and relax as he cannot perform any other task.

Basically, my ask is...

If I put this macro in a separate system and without any manual intervention can macro perform its job by looking at the first sheet where country names and their timing is mentioned on a daily basis.

OR

From staff desk can macro run in background without hampering any other job ...Just a thought...Not really sure though...

I am really sorry could not attach any sample as I am writing from mobile..Hope my question is clear....I would really appreciate if you any suggestions for me..

Thanks Experts.

It's possible.

For that sort of operation. I'd recommend combining VBS with task scheduler.

VBS to open and execute module (you can save/close workbook via VBS or from the module itself).
Task scheduler to launch VBS at given timing.

It would be simpler to maintain and manage than trying to set up everything within Excel & VBA.

If you search in the forum, you may find something I wrote to run Excel Macro from VBS.

But then again, without much detail to go on. Bit difficult to give you specific help.

Thanks chihiro for taking out time and writing for me....Please let me know what more information you need to help me...

I can give more information based on your question.....Hope we both are in same page now ...mso going to easy for to communicate.

Monty
Why not do that 'opposite way'...?
You make a macro which read needed data all over the World one-by-one place.
After one place ready ... it would read data from next place and so on ... 24/7 ... nonstop.

Vletm.

I totally agree with you but again how to trigger the macro automatically on its own based in the time country set in sheet 1 which is currently running by clicking on button by user...

But again user system is occupied while running the macro....Let's think putting this macro in a separate system no Manuel intervention....Coming to my same worry how to trigger the macro....

OR

JUST A THOUGHT...IF MACRO IS IN REMOTE SYSTEM....CAN USER CAN RUN BY TRIGGERING THE MACRO AND LEAVE FOR THE START OF THE DAY OR SO...MAY BE AM WEIRD... Sorry for that

Monty
As written: https://chandoo.org/forum/threads/site-rules-new-users-please-read.294/ PLEASE DON'T SHOUT! We have big ears and will hear you just the same.

Did You noticed ?
Your way, You can get data max 24 per day! My way, 'unlimited'.
If You have eg those 24 users,
Your main worry that timing won't match ... 24 users push data in correct time and You should be always ready ... no matter if it would take longer with one or more users to push data .... or ... You can control when You want to get users data.
What to do if number of users will change? ... You'll update many files everywhere ... instead of one macro?
What to do ... if one happy day ... there would be 99 users? So far, one day will be 24hrs.
Why it takes 30-45mins per user? Why You won't get only data? ... or is one data many gigabytes?
For me, no matter how would You do it - I would myself try to do it 'opposite way'.

Back