• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Time & Motion Tracker

Jyostna

Hi,
I need assistance in creating a macro to record the Total Time for each task. Within Start time and End time, analysts might take brake several times(max 5 times - in between a task) which means they can pause the task several times. Hence, I need to record all the Time brake and calculate the total time taken by the analyst.

Please suggest. I am attaching the Macro enabled fine which I have tried so far.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Time&Motion Tracker.xlsm
    45.5 KB · Views: 12
Jyostna
... suggest
This sample has done ... a different case ... but ...
Have less buttons - have actually one 'button' to record timestamp - 'IN' or 'OUT'.
Here is also five 'reason', which You could add to 'timestamp'.
Here is not calculation to solve total time - but it could solve with collected data.
Here also missing few more details which You have there
... ideas?

Attachments

• TimeCtrl_B.xlsb
    18.7 KB · Views: 14
Thanks, Vletm, However, I am looking for a task record. How much an analyst is taking to complete one task and also how many breaks they are taking while working on the same task. Please refer to my file for more information.

Jyostna
My sample could modify, that there could add task too as well as it could show results too - it was a sample.
How much ... do You mean time or something else?
How many breaks ... do You mean number of breaks? ... do it give something extra or what?
Can those analysts do many tasks in same time?
Did You update Your file?
... there were many cells which an analyst can fill something = it takes time and those needs to verify too.

How much time they are taking!
Yes, I meant a number of breaks.
Yes, they will be doing a number of other tasks at the same time, so they have to pause the T&M and switch between work.
No, it's the same file that I have updated earlier.

Basically, I need to record how many times they switching between task and how much time they are taking to complete each task.

Jyostna
Working time can solve.
Okay, as well as number of breaks.
Based Your writing - those do one task in one time - then less calculating.
If same file, then nothing new from You.
... except Your the last sentence ... no matter of number of breaks ... number of switchings
... hmm? that task time could have two possible values - working or used from start to end.
So far ... many of Your details has changed.
Do every analyst has own file?
You should have a clear idea what?
... any changes could mean a mess with coding ( = start from zero ).

Back