1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Time charts required for several activities (Work, Driving, Rest and Available)

Discussion in 'Discuss Data Visualizations and Charting' started by Cooldrinks, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Cooldrinks

Cooldrinks New Member

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the Chandoo forum and I would real appreciate someone helping me out by trying to make what looks like to me, two very difficult charts. Heres what the two images of the charts I looking to make. I have not created them but are screen shots off of the web.
    24hrActivityBar.jpg 24hrActivityGraph.jpg

I have uploaded the file sample with the data extracted off of the internet.

I've literally dragged my mouse over the area on secure web page I require - copied and pasted into excel and tried messing around with charts to come out with nothing close, like the two images above.

I have posted this on another forum https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...sure-how/57b4bf75-f31b-4b1a-9417-c95d750e55d3
    but not had anyone reply with a solution.

Please, if possible, I'd like to re-create these two above charts with the data of sample file attached.

Thank you

David

Sample.xlsx

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  2. Hui

Hui Excel Ninja Staff Member

How is this for a start?
    upload_2018-3-2_17-30-21.png

See attached file
    Cooldrinks likes this.
  3. vletm

vletm Excel Ninja

Cooldrinks
    There is [ Do It ]-button ...
    press it ...
    to get a sample.

Attached Files:

4. Hui

Hui Excel Ninja Staff Member

Nice job Vletm!
  5. Cooldrinks

Cooldrinks New Member

Thank you Hui and vletm, you are both incredible. veltm you are a ninja in my eyes. I cannot get over the fact you did this.
  6. vletm

vletm Excel Ninja

Cooldrinks
    That was still a sample!
    I made some modifications and now it would be a little better (?)
    I used 'raw data' ... it's more useful.
    Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 23.49.38.png
    Press those Buttons to select which You would like to see/hide.
    There are still few things to check
    ... so this will continue

Attached Files:

7. vletm

vletm Excel Ninja

Cooldrinks
    ... there were some typos.
    This would work better (if data has same layout as in this).

Attached Files:

GraH - Guido likes this.
  8. Cooldrinks

Cooldrinks New Member

This is really amazing. I have other possibilities like adding "Harsh Breaking" or "Infringements" or "Speeding" see added sheet.
    Sample_Graph_ver3.xlsb

Attached Files:

9. vletm

vletm Excel Ninja

Cooldrinks
    ... added those
    and those cause a lot of changes!

Attached Files:

10. Cooldrinks

Cooldrinks New Member

Hi vletm

I've run the macro to create the two carts. There are a few things that would be helpful.

1. Current format: Need to unfreeze pane to allow Copy and Paste of raw data from website daily. There are 3 days of examples. This is what can happen and every day is possible to be different. See in sample below how I've changed format.

2. Extra data example 1 - 11:35, 14:14, Example 2 - 21:55 and example 3 to see another possibility.

3. Ability to deleted everything from A3:H. Currently all the symbols stay behind. See (Alert)

4. Group each chart generated by macro to create 2 pictures and to be able to move them to any position.

Sample_Graph_ver4.1.xlsb

Attached Files: