• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Text box in a dashboard

Absurdname

I analyze and report customer surveys. I am building reports for both executive and district office level. Our surveys are imported from a separate tool into Excel and I save it as a table.

At the district office level, I'd like to build a dashboard where the office can click and look at individual survey results. Most of the cells contain numerical scores or data such as the date the survey was taken...all standard Excel spreadsheet material.

Now - in a number of different cells in any given row are comments made by the customer.

I'd like to have a 'text box' or some such area where, when a particular survey is clicked, the office can see the comments that are in, say, cell D18. Ideally, I'd love to be able to have all comments, from cells D18, D26, D32 in this same 'text box', spaced out.

Can anyone help with how I might be able to do this?

This sounds like a job for vlookups!

Here's the thing - and this is a universal problem when dealing with text: You can't predict if it's going to be 3 words like "service was good" or much longer like "service was bad dan l is a jerk and he should put his head in a microwave".

But none the less, I'm working on something similar right now. I'll see what I can cook up.

Thanks.

Sure, the comments are as varied as you may expect, since the original input is 'freeform text' in the survey itself.

I can visualize how I would like this to appear - much like the report dashboards elsewhere on this site, where you can pull down on a particular office, customer, month or even specifically a customer and his survey responses and comments appear in one of the dashboard elements.

Absurdname

Have a look at:

http://rapidshare.com/files/389369602/Text_Sort.xls.html

Back