• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

System becomes slow

Monty

Hello Everyone!

I have recently experienced while working on Excel macro with 10 sheets which will moved to new workbook and save as different site and create 54 template.

So while running though it take's some time to complete the job...but system become dead slow...i think because of system memory uses very much while macro trying to generate temples..

Question is how to clear the memory and avoid getting an error like no enough space.

Please suggest.

When extensive task to do then more resources are required! To come out the issue pls ensure that
You have cleared all unnecessary cells, formats like stuffs from the workbook.
You have closed the other stuff to free more ram.
Tasks run one by one on order with a sleep of time & before running the next routine, memory has been cleared from old.

Few points like as turn off screen updating, display, calculation mode may also play role.

Install ram as much as you can. More ram less pain.

Hello Deepak.

Hope you are doing good...Thanks for the suggests...
i have already using turn off screen updating, display calculation mode but still system get struck need to restart the system...As suggested yes Ram play important role as at work we are using 4GB..which is not so easy for company to change...So trying to figure out...how to clear the memory while running the macro.

Back