• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

sumproduct

Hi,
I am developing an invoice template for my boss where he wants to extract data from a table based on 3 columns headers.

If Regular Hours and Overtime hours are greater than 0 he wants to display the hourly rates for Regular Hours and Overtime hours..

I have attached a sample file

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• chandoo6.xlsx
    13.4 KB · Views: 7
I used a sumproduct formula and was able to extract the numbers, but the totals in Column G shows #VALUE! error and IF I use IFERROR function i get blank values in Column G.

Also can anyone suggest if there is a better formula. I am not sure if my formula is a good one.

Please see sample output

Attachments

• chandoo6.xlsx
    12.9 KB · Views: 8
You don't need the IF(C4 = "","", part.
When you multiply the overtime rate by 0 (hours) the total will be just (regular rate * regular hours).

You get a VALUE error because your formulas in col G refer to F which contains null strings ("") when C is empty.
If you enter a value in the C cells, all will be OK

You get a VALUE error because your formulas in col G refer to F which contains null strings ("") when C is empty.
If you enter a value in the C cells, all will be OK

Haz/pecoflyer
I deleted this part IF(C4 = "","", but I am still getting the #VALUE!. I understand that I have to enter a value in column C. Is it possible to leave that cell to 0 or blank and still Column G calculates the values.

Please see sample file.

Thanks for take your time to look at my problem.

Attachments

• chandoo6.xlsx
    12.9 KB · Views: 3
Haz/pecoflyer
I deleted this part IF(C4 = "","", but I am still getting the #VALUE!. I understand that I have to enter a value in column C. Is it possible to leave that cell to 0 or blank and still Column G calculates the values.

Please see sample file.

Thanks for take your time to look at my problem.
You didn't remove it, you just added a different IF.
Your formula should start with =SUMPRODUCT, do not add a IF.

John,
What does the asterisk mean in this formula

The asterisk represents multiplication. When you use a mathematical operation with a true or false, this are converted to 1's and 0's.
In other words:

if B4>0 is true, multiplies 1 by the result of VLOOKUP.
if B4>0 is false, multiplies 0 by the result of VLOOKUP.

Blessings!

Back