• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Summing to a Maximum Value

djanko22

Alright, I know this is Google Sheets and not excel, but I've been trying to build a tracker for my real estate team for a while. No matter what I find on here or Google, I can't seem to solve the problem.

Our brokerage charges a 15% fee to a maximum of $6,000. I'm trying to get the N column to continue to take 15% up to the $6,000 maximum and to return $0 as the value after that. The issue I'm having is that I create a loop with any IF statements I try and I'm not sure what else I can use.

I saw a post with someone doing something similar and tried a formula with a LOOKUP, SUBTOTAL, and OFFSET functions. Maybe it's just that I don't have a full enough understanding of those functions to modify them for my situation. Please help. I've just been manually inputting for the last year because I hate bothering people with questions that I can figure out myself, but I think this one is beyond my googling abilities haha.

Attachments

• Copy of REAL Agent Volume Tracker.xlsx
    7.6 KB · Views: 3
In XL enter in N3 and pull down =MIN(6000-SUM($N$2:N2),((E3*F3-I3)*0.6)*0.15)
Don't know if that works for GS, though ( especially using a range with text to sum)

Attachments

• Copy of REAL Agent Volume Tracker(1).xlsx
    12.3 KB · Views: 2
Back