• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Summing ranges across worksheets

pjef

I create and compile monthly workbooks for two departments. I log in the hours each staff member of the department spends on each project, broken down by task, every day. So I have a workbook with a worksheet for each day. Each day has a table with the tasks listed down the left side (these lists are broken down by BILLABLE hours, NONBILLABLE hours, vacation/holiday, etc., and misc hours not assigned on a project). Across the top I have each employee's name, and under each name are several columns, one project per column. [See screen shot.] At the bottom of the sheet, I compile all of the employee project hours by BILLABLE and NONBILLABLE, and to the right of that, by task. What's the best way to sum the hours for each project, by BILLABLE or NONBILLABLE, onto one worksheet? I don't know how to use "sumif" or "sumifs" across worksheets. (I have removed many tasks, etc., from the example for the sake of space.) So I want to ignore the separation of hours per employee, and also per task. I want to total them by project and by billable/nonbillable. REMINDER: My graphic is a screen shot of ONE worksheet in the book (for one workday). I have as many as 25 populated sheets in each workbook, with 2 blank days per week for Saturday and Sunday. To select all the sheets for my other formulas, I use the worksheets' range of "start:end"! because I have a "start" sheet, then the first dated sheet, etc., and so on through the last dated sheet, and after that, an "end" sheet. Thank you, Patti

Attachments

• HOURS WORKSHEET.docx
    200.3 KB · Views: 3
Back