• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Summarizing data into one master data tab from many tabs in one excel book

La28

Hi Guys, I have a spreadsheet where I have multiple tabs that represent many different currencies my company works with.
They each have the movements for our different business units over the year ( so column headings Month Date Business Unit and Amount)
I need to get that data to go to one master spreadsheet (show daily movements for each Business unit, for every currency through out the year) and then split that into all currencies for each business unit. I also need this to be dynamic, so when I update the movements daily, the master sheet needs to update.

Is this possible?

Thank you :)

Attach a sample workbook (not a picture or pasted copy). Make sure there is just enough data to demonstrate your need. Include a BEFORE sheet and an AFTER sheet in the workbook if needed to show the process you're trying to complete or automate. Make sure your desired results are shown, mock them up manually if necessary.

Remember to desensitize the data.

The currency Tabs are what I update daily as it is easier to do it that way for many business units, ideally what I would like is for the ALL (master data sheet) to automate as the currency tabs are updated as well as the tabs for the individual Businesses. (Tabs: Business A, Business B, Business C)

I would also like to run graphs for each business monthly to show their daily movements with each currency they have accounts for. So one graph with heading Business A, then showing the movements through all their currency accounts throughout the month, and the same for business B and C.
At the moment when I try run graphs, excel doesn't recognize the Business as a heading and so I keep getting sum of Currency over the months.

I hope this made sense :)

Attachments

• Chandoo Daily Currency Movements Example.xlsx
    30.7 KB · Views: 4
Thank you so much, I have Excel 2013.

I do not have PQ, so I will use the Multiple Range Consolidation method.

I really appreciate the assistance, thank you :) :)

Power query is an add in for Excel 2013 and can be downloaded from the internet for free. It is a highly useful excel add in.

Back