• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

SUMIFS formula returning 0 incorrectly

Hayley

Hi, this formula used to work on this report, but the last few months has been returning all zeros and I can't figure out why. (file attached)

I'm trying to say if the Fiscal Period is (x) and the agent is (y), what's the sum of sales? I see there are sales so I'm not sure why I'm getting all zeroes. Do you see what's wrong with my formula?

Thanks

Attachments

• SUMIFS issue.xlsx
    303.4 KB · Views: 3
You know...I saw that solution in another post when I did a search but was positive I didn't have the same issue. Shame on me. Thank you very much...that was an easy fix.

Why don't you use the tools are that are built in to Excel for exactly this purpose, namely Tables and Pivot Tables? You might also consider using dates that Excel handles as such and then you'll be able to group them by Weeks, Months, Quarters or Years without having to manipulate them further.

I've attached a file with an Example

Attachments

• SUMIFS issue - DME.xlsx
    552 KB · Views: 3
Ooh that's a great idea. I always think of pivot tables as only being part of larger long-term, ongoing spreadsheets...I forget they can be used for simple one-off tasks like this too. Thank you!

Back