• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Sumif with criteria across sheets with a weight multiplier

MSO_user

Dear Friends

I am here again and request humbly, if any of you have the time to solve my query.

Please find the attachment. The formula applied SUMIF formula across multiple sheets and then sum the item based on a criteria.

My query is simple, I want to get the sum of the quantities to be multiplied by a weight no.

I have also explained the resultant value which I need, in the attachment sheet as well.

Please review my sheet and help me in this regards. Any improvement in the previous code will be more than welcome.

Much Much Thanks for your support and time.....

Attachments

• sumif & criteria accross sheets with a multiplier.xlsx
    10.8 KB · Views: 3
Dear Friends

I got the solution.....on the an other forum.....and the link to the solution is below:

Link to the solution......

The name of the person is kvsrinivasamurthy

Thanks for your support and time.....

I love all the forums and the people who are putting their time and efforts in solving the problems of other peoples.......

MSO_user
  • Cross-Posting. Generally, it is considered poor practice to cross post. That is to post the same question on several forums in the hope of getting a response quicker.
  • If you do cross-post, please put that in your post.
  • Also if you have cross-posted and get an Solution elsewhere, have the courtesy of posting the Solution here so other readers can learn from the answer also, as well as stopping people wasting their time on your answered question.

Dear vletm

I really apologize for my bad behavior....I am really sorry....

I also have requested an apology on other forums as well...

For the Rules Noted....

I shall mention and request for cross posting.....Also I (have already and) will share the solutions to my problem, across the forums.

Much thanks for your guidance.....

Thanks

Dear Fellows

It took me some time....but I have understood the issues....and again thanks to ...kvsrinivasamurthy .....otherwise I would at zero....

There was an issue with the original solution....when we delete the items in the sheet list, then the we get errors in the formulae, in order to resolve the issue, we have to update the formulae. And the formulae starts working correctly...

I order to avoid changes in the original formulae...A unique list with zero weights should be added... so that when we modify the sheet list....this way we do not get errors.....

I am posting the original file (ending with (1)) and...posting the updated solution file (ending with (3))

I hope that this work shall help others as well....since it has helped me alot......indeed a lot....

Also I shall be sharing this solution with other forum members as well...

Much thanks and Much prayer for all of you guys.......

Attachments

• sumif & criteria accross sheets with a multiplier (1).xlsx
    12.2 KB · Views: 4
  • sumif & criteria accross sheets with a multiplier (3).xlsx
    14.7 KB · Views: 3
This is an initial experiment to see what the emerging array shaping functions available within 365 Insider beta can do with such problems. As I have it, the solution is not pretty!
Code:
= LET(
      sheet,         QUOTIENT(SEQUENCE(48,,8),8),
      shtWt,         SUMIFS(Weights, Sheets, UNIQUE(Sheets)),
      listItems,     TOCOL(Items),
      listQty,       TOCOL(Qty),
      filteredSheet, FILTER(sheet, listItems<>""),
      filteredItems, FILTER(listItems,listItems<>""),
      filteredQty,   FILTER(listQty,listItems<>""),
      distinctItems, UNIQUE(filteredItems),
      itemWt,        INDEX(shtWt, filteredSheet),
      quantity,      MAP(distinctItems,
        LAMBDA(item, SUM(IF(filteredItems=item, filteredQty*itemWt)))
      ),
      HSTACK(distinctItems, quantity)
  )
The formula uses the ability of the TOCOL function to reduce a 3D range to a single column. It first generates a column of sheet indices to provide a sheet number, and hence a weighting, for each item. It then filters out the blank items from each, the list of items, the list of quantities and the list of sheet numbers. UNIQUE is used to prepare a list of distinct items and then the MAP function runs through the list, summing the weighted quantities. The formula returns an array containing both the distinct items and the weighted quantity.

There might have been benefit in breaking the calculation down into smaller, more digestible functions but that would be a task for another day.

Attachments

• sumif & criteria accross sheets with a multiplier (3).xlsx
    17 KB · Views: 3
Back