• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Sum values from a column range based on a 3 characters criteria from another column

Alina_T

Please help! the formula need to include all the values from sheet BALANTA, column DEBIT OR CREDIT (if code include** then values are from column Debit, if code include *** then values are from column Credit, if code include* then values are from Debit but with red font because need the input of a person/check the total) based on codes from column A from sheet BILANT (201+203+205 etc). These codes must be included in range of column A from Balanta (example: in sheet BALANTA I don't have code 280 like is asked in formula from line 4/ sheet BILANT, but I have 2805 - first 3 characters are 280 and must be taken into consideration. If the calculation (from column A/ sheet BILANT) is include a specific code with 4 characters, then value must be only from that code.
Thank you very much!

Attachments

• BILANT work ALINA.xlsx
    27.3 KB · Views: 8
I have encountered a couple of problems looking at your data. The first is that the criteria are text-based, e.g. "280*", but the 'Cont' field contains numbers. The second problem is that the summation field comprises two columns (DEBIT & CREDIT) which would require a similar dimensioned criterion range.

Thank you for your message! I used sumifs and it worked in my case. You were right about the date, but it is structured in this way in finance and I had to find a way to work with it. Like I said, sumifs worked for me. Thank you!

Back