• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Sum or Countifs function with if statement

ebalch

I am trying to summarize employees in training by location based on effective date of new location and current location.
Basically need to count out the employees from being productive in their current location, or location based on effective date of new location.

Here is essentially what I am trying to achieve with a formula and cannot get the correct solution:
If the month is equal to or less than the effective date of new location, then count status of training for New location, if new location effective date is greater than training month, then count current location.

In the attached you will see for January, there are 3 employees in training, 3 from the LAX Location and 1 from the SEA location, which is prior to the effective date of their new location. Then in February , there are 4 employees in training 2 from LAX based on New Location effective date, 1 SFO and 1 SEA since February is prior to the effective date of their new location.

Thanks, look forward to solutions. I have tried ifs with countifs and not getting desired results.
Cheers,
Ellen

Attachments

• Training Counts.xlsx
    39.8 KB · Views: 13
I am trying to summarize employees in training by location based on effective date of new location and current location.
Basically need to count out the employees from being productive in their current location, or location based on effective date of new location.

Here is essentially what I am trying to achieve with a formula and cannot get the correct solution:
If the month is equal to or less than the effective date of new location, then count status of training for New location, if new location effective date is greater than training month, then count current location.

In the attached you will see for January, there are 3 employees in training, 3 from the LAX Location and 1 from the SEA location, which is prior to the effective date of their new location. Then in February , there are 4 employees in training 2 from LAX based on New Location effective date, 1 SFO and 1 SEA since February is prior to the effective date of their new location.

Thanks, look forward to solutions. I have tried ifs with countifs and not getting desired results.
Cheers,
Ellen

A number of possible solutions, primarily aimed at 365
Code:
= LET(
   currentTraining, COUNTIFS(
      currentLoc, location,
      trainingStart, "<="& EOMONTH(+reportingDate,0),
      trainingEnd, ">="& reportingDate,
      transferDate, ">="& reportingDate),
   futureTraining,  COUNTIFS(
      newLoc, location,