• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

sum formula with automatic action

Status
Not open for further replies.

arifanmol

I need a formula that automatically sums up area of cells from first cell to last cell
but it should be noted that if cells are increased or decreased the sum formula be automatically changed and carry out the sum
(for now we require to do it manually using sum formula)
is there any formula plz

Attachments

• mysheet.xlsx
    9 KB · Views: 2
Firstly restructure sheet see attachment
Go to formula tab > Name manager > new > Enter name as data1 > refers to give range =Sheet1!$D:$D
same for other table.
=sum(data1) in another column.

Attachments

• mysheet.xlsx
    9.6 KB · Views: 1
This way we may require to generate various data tables is there no way to automatically fly the sum formula continually whether the ce;lls increase or de

is there any way to automatically sum the cells and with automatic change in data range as the cells decrease or increase

can we have the formula that argues : if the text 'total' in in this particualar cell then
put sum of cell right above 'total' cell and B3

Attachments

• Myself.xlsx
    8.7 KB · Views: 5
but after formation of table how should it be utilized so that my above referred query and requirement can be addressed

but after formation of table how should it be utilized so that my above referred query and requirement can be addressed
No, Excel is using top-down calculation way, you cannot put total on top of data if you are using Excel Tables.

Otherwise

you need VBA to do the automatic work in meet with your requirement,

and

you need re-submit your question to our VBA Marcos forum.

This post is closed.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back