• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

SUM and ...

SravanP

Dear All,

On a weekly basis (on every 1st day of the week) i share the project status (No. of work orders delivered) to my Manager.

The data that is contained is

Header: WRNo.|Estimation|Planned Delivery date|Actual Delivery date|Status|Remarks

1stRow: XYZ |10 |25/01/2010 |25/01/2010 |Green |Delivered

2ndRow: ABC |05 |27/01/2010 | |Yellow|OnTrack

3rdRow: ASD |10 |27/01/2010 | |Blue |onHold

3rdRow: QAZ |15 |27/01/2010 |26/01/2010 |RED |Delayed

The graph represents the Total No. of Man days received (10+5+10+15) to the Total No. of Man days delivered(10). Similar to Forecast Vs Actual column graph.

Currently i build the Data Tabular column by using the SUM(Estimation) and based on 'Remarks' column i SUM(Estimation) for Delivered work orders. Can this process be simplified using formulas.

Over a period of an Year i can have 250+ records and becomes difficult to SUM the delivered work orders manually based on the 'Remarks' column.

and by the by, how to get so crisp snapshot of the graphs (i attach the snap shot of the graphs created in excel into Outlook by using the Paste Special -> Bitmap and the graphs look blurred.)

Regards,

-Sravan

Sravan

Do you want to simplify the construction of the Weekly Data Table and Graph or Cummulative set from a source table elsewhere ?

With regards to copying the Chart

With the chart selected

Hold Shift and select Edit Menu, Copy Picture

Select As Shown On Screen and Picture as the 2 options before pasting into Outlook

Dear Hui,

Thanks for posting the message.

I was going through www.exceluser.com and came across 'Array' function. Implemented the same to my current situation and it worked, and is a lot more simpler than i thought. Atleast a step that i was looking for has been simplified.

With regard to the 2nd part-Copying the chart with good quality from Excel to Outlook, thanks for the information (it was new to me), now the image looks 99% great than the earlier.

Which Font is the best when generating such king of graphs? Is it 'Verdana'?

Regards,

-Sravan

Hello How are you all. I am new on this Forum. I am using Excel for my Official work. Does anybody know that for which purpose "if conditions" is used?

Back