• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Suggestions for visualizing the table with multiple information

anishms

Hi All,
Appreciate any suggestions to present the attached sample data in to a dashboard or chart in power point.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• Litigations.xlsx
    11.4 KB · Views: 5
If the attached is what you are lookin for, as you gave us no direction on what you want the end result to look like, then Power Query is your answer

Attachments

• Litigations.xlsx
    32 KB · Views: 7
If the attached is what you are lookin for, as you gave us no direction on what you want the end result to look like, then Power Query is your answer
Thanks Alan for your time and response.
I'm not looking for a transposed table with merged cells. I saw your applied steps and realized that there is a lot to learn in power query for data transformation.
I'm basically looking for a chart including all the information that is there in the sample data. I'm not sure how better this can be converted into a chart as there are multiple information that needs to be projected such as business, case type, case by company, case against company and the year.
Thanks,

Hi,
Attached WB has a chart which I would like to present with the following changes and request your help-
(1) Business 1 to 6 in horizontal axis with years in stacked column instead of each business repeating 3 times
(2) Same chart with business 1 to 6 in each year shows the stacked column for case type

Attachments

• Litigations.xlsx
    24.2 KB · Views: 4
(2) Same chart with business 1 to 6 in each year shows the stacked column for case type
Attached an adaptation of vletm's 2nd chart to try and give you what I think you want for (2) above.

You had some trailing spaces in your source data (Case Type column) which I've removed. I also arranged to hide the 0 labels.

Attachments

• ChandooLitigations.xlsx
    33.5 KB · Views: 2
Attached an adaptation of vletm's 2nd chart to try and give you what I think you want for (2) above.
View attachment 77660

You had some trailing spaces in your source data (Case Type column) which I've removed. I also arranged to hide the 0 labels.
Is it possible to bring the information of litigation by the company and against the company in this chart?
I think it will make the chart very busy difficult to read

Is it possible to bring the information of litigation by the company and against the company in this chart?
Yes. In the attached the Case Types are the same primary colour, with the Against Company a lighter shade than the By Company.
I think it will make the chart very busy difficult to read
It does!

Attachments

• ChandooLitigations.xlsx
    34.8 KB · Views: 6
Back