• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Suggestion :Case Category

keanur

Dear Admin and excel Ninjas,

i'm happy to join this group since last year as it gives more knowledge about excel. i was thinking whether admin group can categorize the case base on the user skill (Beginner, Intermediate, and advance), this will help the user to find out the case based on their skill. thanking you in advance for your feedback and suggestion.

Thanks,

Rico

Keanur,

This is a good suggestion, but i can see a draw back in it and that is that beginner or intermediate level users might hesitate in attempting to solve an advance level problem, and this can hinder the learning process for them. When you attempt crack a very tough problem you learn a lot.

Thanks,

Hi Rico ,

Your suggestion is good , but difficult to implement ; the problem is that there is no single Admin group , which can go through each and every topic to categorize it as a Beginner , Intermediate or Advanced level question. This is a forum supported by a lot of volunteers , and each question is answered by who ever thinks it is satisfying to answer that question !

In general , my suggestion would be not to restrict yourself to any level ; after all the whole purpose of this website is to make it easy for everyone to graduate to the Advanced level !

Try to make it a point to go through at least one blog article per week ; over a period of one year , you will find that you have gone up by at least one level !

Even the questions themselves can help your learning , especially since most of the questions are real-life problems. If you can go through 5 or 6 questions each day , and take away the problem-solving techniques from the answers , you will be well on your way to becoming an Excel master.

Narayan

Also classifications such as (Beginner, Intermediate, and advance) are very objective

A user may be expert at Sumproduct() but rarely use Pivot tables etc

Back