• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Subtract from a number until the reminder reaches zero

Dblain2

Hello,

I am looking to subtract from a number until the reminder reaches 0, and then throw any overages into a new column.

I am calculating charges by multiplying Column N by Column M. I want all charges to be thrown in Column R until the sum of Column R exceeds P2. Once the sum exceeds P2 I then want to throw all remaining charges into Column S.

I can't figure out how to accomplish this without creating a circular reference. I would explain what i have done so far, but it hasn't worked so i think it would be useless.

Cheers,

Attachments

• POS.xlsx
    166.8 KB · Views: 2
Hi ,

I am not clear on what you want to do.

Instead of putting in a formula and mentioning circular references , can you manually enter the desired values that you want in the output column , so that these become the reference points for the formulae that we might think of ?

Narayan

Hopefully this will clear it up. It was somewhat difficult to explain.

You will see that on Row 7 it is splitting the charges between Column R & S since there was only enough remaining in the budget to cover $500. From that point forward all charges will go into Column S since there is no Mkt budget remaining.

Attachments

• POS.xlsx
    296.6 KB · Views: 6
Back