• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Subsets from a Master File

DVI

Hi ,

First of all this is not any wild cross posting.
I have a Master Excel File with 9 sheets in it .
I need a VBA code to make subsets of this file(A new Excel file for each Market) into the different market Units that are there e.g Africa , ANZ , Greater China , India , Japan , ME, SEA , LATAM
with the same sheets except for the Sheets named SLIDE format AND LT SLIDE .

I have attached my Master file and one subset of Africa which is how I would like the output to be and the File name as attached .
Can this be achieved with a VBA code . Because making 8 Different Subsets weekly take s a lot of time Manually .
Really appreciate any help with a code on this one .

Attachments

• Africa_CDashboard_6 Dec 22.xlsm
    155 KB · Views: 8
  • CDashboard_6 Dec 22.xlsm
    645.4 KB · Views: 8
Hi, as I'm meeting some issues when opening your attachment so what is the Excel version used to save these workbooks ?​

Hi, as I'm meeting some issues when opening your attachment so what is the Excel version used to save these workbooks ?​
Sorry for the delayed response.
Office 365 . What error are you facing . there is a macro in the file for a Doble click event.

Is it just a question of deleting the sheets named SLIDE format AND LT SLIDE in each country file​
or there are other things to add, delete, … ?​
As a reminder you can activate the Macro Recorder when operating manally in order to get a base code …​

There are columns to be deleted on two summary tabs Growth Markets MU View and the CG view Sheets you see will h only that particular country's numbers , also on the Base and pending sheet should have data only relating to that country .attaching the Africa file in 97-2003 format of you can view . All countries subset will look like this in attachment if you can open the 97-2003 ver

Attachments

• Africa_CDashboard_6 Dec 22.xls
    414.5 KB · Views: 8
Elaborate each step like when you operate manually as the better elaboration, the better help …​

Hello , A Happy New Year , Sorry couldn't respond earlier

Below is a Manual Elaboration of the above steps needed .
Once my Master File is Up
Steps:
1: Make a Copy of Master File and Rename the File with the Market Unit Name for Eg: Africa _compliance Dashboard_Date
2.There are totally 9 Sheets in the Master File
Read Me- Macro - NO Change - leave as it is
POC and Criteria - NO Change - leave as it is
Growth markets Mu View - Delete all Except AAPAC(E to H Cols ) and Because it is for Africa market , we need to retain Africa Cols J to M
Growth Markets MU_ CG View - Delete all Except AAPAC(E to H Cols ) and Because it is for Africa market , we need to retain Africa Cols J to AH
Lookup - NO Change - leave as it is
Base - Filter on MU as <> Africa and delete the Rest
Pending Open Items - Filter on MU as <> Africa and delete the Rest
LT Connect Slide - Delete Sheet
Slide Format - Delete Sheet

Similarly next the We make Subsets for next market units ANZ , Greater China , Japan, India , ME , SEA, Latin America
This way the macro needs to make for all 8 Market Units

Let me know if you need more info.

On the master file you can add a button to run the code on the read me sheet may be . I leave it to your discretion though .

According to a new set of issues with your attachment I can't do anything …​
I checked my previous similar workbooks : no issue.​
So something weird in your Master file, maybe the common ActiveX controls issue instead of using form controls,​
whatever, I can't waste more time to enquiry.​
Maybe another helper with a more recent version or some stronger computer or similar OS version could succeed …​

Yes it has to be retained ,as it is a double click event on the summary tab is needed across all Market units.

Back