• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

strip chart for highway

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes searched,
but they have vertical strip chart. Normally horizontal strip charts preferred in highway construction and thy are convenient for use.
I have attached one of the same. But problem is that we have to colour the chart only means manually.
Thanks

aspatil.krd1
Yes those are normally vertical because ...
As many times, later someone would like that scale for 'Chainage' should vary from 1 to 1000
... so far Excel's sheet is as it is and for me scrolling vertical would be more useful than horizontal.
I've seen many of those.
What would be Your 'But ... something' ... how many colors can You see in Type-sheet? ... I can see two colors - black & white.

aspatil.krd1
Yes those are normally vertical because ...
As many times, later someone would like that scale for 'Chainage' should vary from 1 to 1000
... so far Excel's sheet is as it is and for me scrolling vertical would be more useful than horizontal.
I've seen many of those.
What would be Your 'But ... something' ... how many colors can You see in Type-sheet? ... I can see two colors - black & white.

Attachments

• Layer2.xlsx
    17.5 KB · Views: 29
aspatil.krd1
Your 'file' already changed three times in 15minutes and
You seems to missed my few notes - the history will repeat itself.
I wrote few points - why - There are more points why ... other ways.
... and
... if Your file is like an ameba there will be more challenges.

aspatil.krd1
Of course, no need to press anything ( ... but someway have to select that sheet )
... but it would be need to know which rows will miss be missing for some reason
... as well as no need to copy & paste formulas; who knows how many rows data there would be ... 10 or over 1000?

Attachments

• Layer2.xlsb
    25.9 KB · Views: 25
aspatil.krd1
Of course, no need to press anything
... but it would be need to know which rows will miss be missing for some reason
... as well as no need to copy & paste formulas; who knows how many rows data there would be ... 10 or over 1000?
Thanks sir,
for such graet solution because I know how much hectic this task to do manually.
and yes sir, we need to add more rows inputs and not 1000 it may be 10000
need to differentiate activity with colour also

Just to stimulate interest in dynamic array methods …
The formula
= COUNTIFS( Table1[From], "<="& period, Table1[To], ">"& period, Table1[Layer No], layer, Table1[Side], LHS )
entered into the top-left cell of the intended solution range will spill to give the entire table without any further filling or copying.

I also noticed some discussion of different coloured strips. That either takes many conditional formats or another trick is to paint the coloured stripes in first and then use conditional formatting to convert the zero value cells back to white.

aspatil.krd1
You are still thinking ...
As in the history, You'll need also 'Tot'-rows, information of 'each part', possible to change scale eg 5...100 as well as split data and many more...
Screenshot 2019-12-16 at 09.43.21.png

Attachments

• Layer2.xlsb
    37.5 KB · Views: 60
Just to stimulate interest in dynamic array methods …
The formula
= COUNTIFS( Table1[From], "<="& period, Table1[To], ">"& period, Table1[Layer No], layer, Table1[Side], LHS )
entered into the top-left cell of the intended solution range will spill to give the entire table without any further filling or copying.

I also noticed some discussion of different coloured strips. That either takes many conditional formats or another trick is to paint the coloured stripes in first and then use conditional formatting to convert the zero value cells back to white.
View attachment 64555
IN above sheet can we

Attachments

• Sample.xlsx
    32.5 KB · Views: 38
Good morning to all,
Here with attaching one sample sheet of layer chart, I want to input data in chart please help me out

Attachments

• Sample (1).xlsx
    32.4 KB · Views: 30
aspatil.krd1
Hmm?
Few questions...
Why You would like to round Your used 'distances'?
Why You would like to concatenate three cells?
Why You would like to use 'same' 924 formulas in Type-sheet with Your sample data? ... hmm? some of those has merged with manual input.
Why You would like to use many Conditional Formatting?

... especially, if Your real data would have 10000 rows data, which should make Your Type-sheet output wider => more more formulas etc.
instead like #17 sample file ... without 'some' formulas nor conditional formatting ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back