• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Step-by-step Instructions for Creating Revamped Excel Charts

Tazmaloid

In Chandoo's post: Why No One Likes Your Pie Charts (And What to Do About It)

Posted on January 16th, 2009 he gives a number of different or "revamped" chart types to use rather than your standard pie chart. My boss stumbled upon this post and has now decided that I need to refresh the pie charts in our presentations such as the one's listed (bottom-aligned bubble chart, concentric circles, slices etc) which would be great except I am a bit clueless as how to do this and the post doesn't give clear instructions.

Please could Chandoo, or anyone else for that matter, explain to me in the simplest terms and step-by-step how I can go about changing the "boring" pie charts into the one's described in the post?

Thanks!

Taryn

k.

1. Right click the chart.

2. Click "delete"

There. That fixed your problem! Bad pie charts be gone.

95% of the time, a pie chart is the wrong choice of chart. Now, maybe all of your circumstances fit within that 5% where it's the right chart, but more likely than not---it's time to switch chart type.

Look at bar charts. If you want more bang for your dollar, make them conditional bar charts. Have a look at the Chandoo KPI dashboard posts. There's a really easy one in there.

Back