• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Stacked column chart

Dear all,
One of the Tasks that we have to monitor (and report on) contains some sub-tasks (there may be anything from 2 to 20 sub-tasks in a single Task). Some of these sub-tasks are connected (i.e. sub-task 2 cannot start before sub-task 1 completes) or the sub-tasks may be independent of each other. But all the sub-tasks must be completed before we can say that the Task is completed.
We create a baseline (Plan) set of information and then as the project progresses, we update the Plan dates with new Forecast dates for the sub-tasks.
Essentially for each task (and its associated sub-tasks) I would like to create a column chart like the "example chart" using the information in the "example data" file.

I would also like to be able to automatically color any completed sub-tasks green in the chart when the individual sub-task is completed; when all subtasks are completed, I would like all sub-task columns and the Task column itself to be automatically colored green.

In the attached spreadsheet, the information in J3:AB15 is for illustrative purposes only.

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• example chart.png
    example chart.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 6
  • example data.pdf
    38.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Chandoo-Stacked Column chart question.xlsx
    16.8 KB · Views: 1
Attached is a straightforward way to achieve something like what you want. Currently manually tweaked with colours and manual y-axis minimum.
upload_2018-1-14_13-29-43.png

Attachments

• Chandoo36977Stacked Column chart question.xlsx
    16.4 KB · Views: 3
Thanks p45cal. Ah yes - a stacked bar chart but the first series is grey and the second series is the Start date + duration. Nice. Is there a way to overlap the elements of the series (i.e. sub-task 1b overlapping sub-task 1a)?

Back