• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Splitting values from one cell to multiple rows with the same booking information

Hello there,
icon_smile.gif

I recently started learning excel and am having some troubles, I was hoping someone could help me.

I can't fully divulge all the field names and information but to give a simple idea what I essentially have is,

A user inputs data into cells on a user form, these cells are then recorded onto another excel sheet via the use of a macro - user clicks 'book' and the booking information is logged in the second sheet. However, my problem is that in the user form the table cell has more than one values separated by commas. I need to record each of those values with the same booking information from the other cells.

Please see below for clarification:

Tab 1 User form -

Column 1 Column 2
Booking name:Booking 1
Tables required:101, 106, 108

I need the information above to appear in the second tab as below -

Tab 2 Booking entries -

Column 1 Column 2
Booking 1 101
Booking 1106
Booking 1108

I have tried using a macro and copy and pasting the fields from the user's form onto the booking entries form 3 times and then removing the values on each row. But that only appears to work if I only ever have 3 values in my table required field.

Please help if possible. Thank you.

Best wishes,

Sure no problem.

Sheet 1 is where the user enters the desired information, by clicking 'Add' the details are copied to sheet two.

Attachments

• Book1.xlsm
    21.4 KB · Views: 8
Back