• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Splitting single data

paradise

Hi,
I have in two columns
A4=X
D4=16

In,
K4=2
K5=4
K6=4
K7=5
K8=2

How can I get by VBA (Breaking D4=16 based on K column)
L4=1
L5=4
L6=4
L7=5
L8=2

Not so clear logic but try
Code:
Sub Test()
    Dim t As Long, x As Long, i As Long
    t = Range("D4").Value
    Range("L4:L8").Value = Range("K4:K8").Value
    For i = 4 To 8
        Range("L" & i).Value = Range("L" & i).Value - 1
        If Range("L" & i).Value < 0 Then Range("L" & i).Value = 0
        x = WorksheetFunction.Sum(Range("L4:L8"))
        If x <= t Then Exit Sub
        If i = 8 And t < x Then i = 4
    Next i
End Sub

Hi,Thanx for the reply.
In this case,answer is correct but when I change the value in D4 it gives me wrong answer.

Plz check the file in sheets called Scenario 2 and 3.The correct answer I have mentioned manually in O column.
I have also mentioned the logic in M column.It will simply take each data from below uptill that point where the D4 value might get match or will be less then then difference will be there.

Attachments

• test-18.5.2023.xlsm
    19.4 KB · Views: 2
According to your initial post a VBA demonstration for starters :​
Code:
Sub DemoAX0()
        A = [D4]
        X = [K4:K8].Value
    For R = 5 To 1 Step -1
        If A Then X(R, 1) = Application.Min(X(R, 1), A): A = A - X(R, 1) Else X(R, 1) = Empty
    Next
        [L4:L8] = X
End Sub
Do you like it ? So thanks to click on bottom right Like !​

There are no words how to thank u Marc L.

I want to go to one step further.

I have added 1 more name 'Y'.I have added the manually the result by highlighting in N column.Process is the same as you have done for 'X'.

One most important thing,
1.Matching of column C and I
2.I have added month in A column and J column.So as to get the result N column whose month is 1.
for e.g if I alter fully it to Month to 2 at column A and J,the result must shift to column P.

Attachments

• test-19.5.2023.xlsm
    17.7 KB · Views: 5
As your last post should be the inital post so the question is why proceeding like this​
with such initial post under the level of what any Excel forum expects for ?!​
Yasser, if you want to give it a try first (or anyone else) …​

Initially,I thought it would be possible or not.After your #Post,I tested and worked well and was eager to go one step further towards my ultimate goal.:).
I hope you can help me.

This is very not the right way as the initial post must well elaborate the complete need.​
As according to your blurry, cryptic, unclear, vague […] initial post this thread is solved​
(with a procedure for starters : so meaning you may have to fit it for what you forgot / misexplained)​
as Yasser was the first to answer so I let him first - or anyone else (at beginner level) - to give it a try …​

According to your post #7 attachment my post #6 VBA demonstration just needs two additional codelines​
with a better worksheet design if you can get rid of the useless columns A:D just using column H for values​
like D4 value in cell H4 and D5 value in cell H10 in order to work directly on column K blocks :​
Columns I:J grey cells are useless. Column L can be used rather than column H …
Or do you prefer to keep the dramatic layout as it is ?​

Dramatic layout would sure exist.This is so becoz,if u see properly,data month 1 is mentioned in both A:D and H:K.But what happens when,I alter month from 1 to 2 in A4. Naturally,data should move from N to P column.

Secondly,columns I:J grey cells are useless
This is not useless,why ? becoz suppose J8=2 instead of 1.What will be effect on N column ?The result which is displaying in N column from N8 and above will now be displaying from N7 and above.The month 2 is not equal to month 1,so no match i.e.J8<>A4 but match C4=I8.Both case does not matches.Hence,this results in shifting in at above where last matching exist which will be J7=A4 and C4=I7 which results in Month 1 column as A4=N column.

I hope this information is suffice.

Above is sample data only.In actual I have more than 2k,hence range can't be fixed.So,I request u to make flexible in coding that can take any ranges.

Last edited:
As J8 can't be 2 as K2:K8 is a block for only 16 X 1 !​
Hoping the months are separated in non consecutive blocks in order the most efficient way can be used​
- aka comparing first the column K block sum versus H value,​
as working cell by cell on more than 2k rows will takes far more time than working directly on blocks ! -​
or rather than such poor workbook you must attach a better workbook well reflecting at least all the possible cases …​
make flexible in coding that can take any range
That's easy according to your post #7 attachment but as it does not well reflect your real workbook​
so I won't waste any second to write a well working procedure with this attachment but should fail with your real workbook …​

Plz now find in attachment.Two worksheets,Existing and Required.Required spreadsheet is the expected result sheet.

Attachments

• Stock at end.xlsx
    19.8 KB · Views: 2
As now this is a wild cross posting so according to any Excel forum rules​
you must share a link for each same thread created on other forums …​

Back