• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Speedometer chart

eggMuffin

Hi

I need help as was browsing through youtube to create some speeedometer chart. I was able to create with needle point to correct Red/Amber/Green, if my min/max range is between 0% to 100%.

But i have different types of charts to create due to the range of KPI metrics is different. e.g How to create a speedometer chart if my KPI metrics range not within 0% to 100%? example like this..

Need help.

MaxTargetYellowRed
100%98%96%95%
GreenYellowRedMax
100%100%110%120%

Thanks

eggMuffin
As a new member, You would reread Forum Rules
especially How to get the Best Results at Chandoo.org
  • Quickly search the Web and Chandoo.org for help before posting. It is quite possible that your problem has been solved by someone else.
Did You do that?

Hi,

Apologized for not sending any attachment. I need to create speedometer chart or guage based on the score %. I have created a chart following youtube but the needle did not move to the right place.

Some of the scores are over 100% and i do not know how to create such chart. need expert help.. thanks alot

Attachments

• sample workbook.xlsx
    18.4 KB · Views: 7
Personally, I think gauge/speedometer chart is poor way to visualize data and much prefer bullet chart for target comparison.

Have a read of link below.
Best Charts to Compare Actual values with Targets (or Budgets) - Charting Options for Excel (chandoo.org)

As for your question... your needle position is only defined by value in M1.
Needle does move beyond red zone. But it would be easier for us to help you, if you post the link to YouTube tutorial that you based your workbook on.

Without knowing full requirement, my guess is that you need to change values in N3:N6 to align needle position with indicator band.
i.e. recalculate band based on 100% max. Meaning you need to shift weight based on 150 = 100%.

Hi,

I'm newbie and this is the first time i'm doing excel dashboard to submit for my work KPI. I am using at this youtube sample to create a gauge chart.

Ok, since 120 is max. From your op.
You need to do something like...
Red = 63%
Amber = 2%
Green = 20%
Blank = 35%

Attachments

• sample workbook.xlsx
    20 KB · Views: 22
Hi

Thanks for your help. May I know how do you calculate red to be at 63%, Amber 2%, green 20%? And why max is 120?

I need to do for the rest of the 5 measurement in my excel. Does the same formula applies the same for all?

eggMuffin
Did You search as I gave a hint (#2 reply)?
... I even found one of mine:
There could be more speedometers.
... that's why, in Forum Rules is that sentence ~hint.

hmm.. i'm newbie. My 1st time doing excel dashboard with chart like this. i don't seemed to figure out after browsing all the speedometer chart questions and answers in this forum...

Back