• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Speed up / simplify this Excel formula

Ajain

Hello Everyone,

So I started writing a formula and ended up with the one below. It looks complex but works. The only issue I am facing is that it is extremely slow and takes forever to calculate. I know this might be due to all the IF statements that I am using, but then other than going in for a VBA solution is there anything that can be done to speed up the processing?

[pre]
Code:
=IF(ISERROR(IF(countryLink="United States",VLOOKUP(fl,USpp,2,0),IF(countryLink="United Kingdom",
VLOOKUP(fl,UKpp,2,0),IF(countryLink="Germany",VLOOKUP(fl,DEpp,2,0),IF(countryLink="Australia",
VLOOKUP(fl,AUpp,2,0),IF(countryLink="Canada",VLOOKUP(fl,CApp,2,0),IF(countryLink="FR",
VLOOKUP(fl,FRpp,2,0))))))))=TRUE,"",IF(countryLink="United States",
VLOOKUP(fl,USpp,2,0),IF(countryLink="United Kingdom",
VLOOKUP(fl,UKpp,2,0),IF(countryLink="Germany",VLOOKUP(fl,DEpp,2,0),
IF(countryLink="Australia",VLOOKUP(fl,AUpp,2,0),IF(countryLink="Canada",
VLOOKUP(fl,CApp,2,0),IF(countryLink="France",VLOOKUP(fl,FRpp,2,0))))))))
[/pre]
Note:

1. "countryLink", "XXpp" (where XX stands for a country name), "fl" are all named ranges.

Thanks to everyone for your time in advance!

AJain

Create another named range called countries with this data

Australia AU

Canada CA

France FR

Germany DE

United Kingdom UK

United States US

and use

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(fl,INDIRECT(VLOOKUP(countryLink,countries,2,FALSE)&"pp"),2,FALSE)),"",

VLOOKUP(fl,INDIRECT(VLOOKUP(countryLink,countries,2,FALSE)&"pp"),2,FALSE))

Thanks a ton xld! It works like a charm. I never really thought about approaching it this way. I learnt something new today and thank you again for teaching it to me!

Back