• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Solver unexpected internal error

Allen Windhorn

I recently got upgraded to Excel 2010 on all my machines at work. Now when I try to use Solver, the two workstations give me an error message, "Solver: an unexpected internal error occurred or available memory was exhausted." Internal memory is 64G so I don't think that's the problem (and it's a very simple spreadsheet). Looking on Google didn't produce any useful results (MS suggests buying 3125 USD third party solver). The laptop still works OK, but it's slow and doesn't have much memory. Test file attached. Minimize Sumsq varying A, B, C, D.

Has anyone else seen this problem? If so, do you have a solution? Thanks.

Regards,
Allen

Attachments

• SolvTest.xlsx
    13.4 KB · Views: 1
Hi Allen ,

I don't get any error when I run Solver.

Can you try re-downloading the Solver add-in ?

Narayan

Attachments

• SolvTest.xlsx
    13.9 KB · Views: 1
I have a tickit in to IT and they will probably try that. I don't have any problem at home or with the laptop, so it is peculiar to the installation, but it affects both workstations, so I don't have high hopes for a reinstallation cure.

Chances are, repairing Office installation will fix it. I've had similar issue on company laptop few years back when I upgraded Excel.

Try going to Control Panel -> Programs and Features
And find MS Office installation and choose repair.

Chances are, repairing Office installation will fix it. I've had similar issue on company laptop few years back when I upgraded Excel.

Try going to Control Panel -> Programs and Features
And find MS Office installation and choose repair.

Yes, that fixed the problem. Thank you.

Regards,
Allen

Back