• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Slicer Report Connections

Hi,

I am having a problem with slicer report connections.

Within my Excel Workbook I have 2 (eventually 3) tabs with dashboards that I have created. I applied 5 different slicers to the first dashboard and connected them to the appropriate pivot tables – no problem.

On my second dashboard I created another 5 slicers and connected them to different pivot tables but connected to the same data source as the pivot tables used on the first dashboard.

What has happened is when I select the appropriate report connections on the second dashboard it changes the report connections on the first dashboard!!

Is there a box somewhere that needs to be ticked or unticked that allows you to use slicers on separate worksheets within a workbook that allows you to link to different pivot tables using the same data source?

I hope this makes sense – HELP!!

Yes, it's under Slicer Report Connections. Just right click on the slicer and choose the option.

Yes, it's under Slicer Report Connections. Just right click on the slicer and choose the option.
Hi Chihiro,

Thank you for getting back to me unfortunately this doesn't solve my problem :( the slicers are somehow connected to each other although the pivot tables are different.

? Pivot will be different. But if you have slicer controlling multiple pivot via Report Connection. That will cause this.

If still having issues. I'd recommend uploading sample workbook that replicates the issue & setup (if you can't upload the actual).

? Pivot will be different. But if you have slicer controlling multiple pivot via Report Connection. That will cause this.

If still having issues. I'd recommend uploading sample workbook that replicates the issue & setup (if you can't upload the actual).
Thank you Chihiro - if i can't solve it I will setup a dummy workbook and attach. I have sensitive data on the one I am working on so can't upload that unfortunately. Have a good weekend.

Back