• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

slicer just freaked out

Lawrence429

Hi all --
I have a slicer that was controlling 6 pivot tables. The slicer showed every day and when I selected a specific date it would automatically update all 6 pivot tables. This morning -- blame it on a solar eclipse (no wait that was 6 months ago; so delayed solar eclipse), it freaked out and now only shows the months and not the days. I have reformatted the original data to no avail; does anyone have ANY thoughts on what could be causing this? I need to generate DAILY reports from yesterday's production.
thank you much
LCD

Hi ,

If you could upload your workbook with the raw data , the pivot tables and the slicer , it might help members help you.

Narayan

As there is proprietary information on the spreadsheet, I copied just the columns that dealt with the slicer into another spreadsheet. Low and behold, the slicer worked normally showing daily selections and not monthly. Any thoughts as to why the original will not show daily slicer selections, yet the copied version does?
thank you in advance

Also in the copied version, I deleted some information from obsolete parts and went into pivot table options, data, none for items retained, refreshed and the deleted parts were still present. Any thoughts?

Ty this in the pivot table options -> Data -> uncheck "save source data with file". Then save and close file. Reopen and refresh data.

I still do not understand the issue with the slicer, though. Can't you anonymize the data in any way and upload a sample file? Is is by any chance a timeline you are using?

Back