• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Site Migration to New Server [Please Read]

keymaster

First up I want to say how terrific January had been for Chandoo.org. We crossed all sorts of previous traffic records this month. Even though I have not verified the final numbers, they are 20% more than all time best we had before Jan 2012. So congratulations everyone!

Now comes the fun part. Because of all this growth, I had to move the site to another server to keep it running smoothly. I wanted to do it earlier, but I was too lazy to learn how to set up a VPS. But now there is no excuse. So today (1st Feb, 2012) I will be moving this site to a new server. As this is the first time I am doing such a move, please expect some instability, possible data loss, and some down-time.

I will update the post once this is done. I will also post some status messages on our Twitter Feed - http://twitter.com/r1c1/

Thanks,

Ok, finally the site move is done and it seems to work alright. If you have any trouble accessing certain areas of Chandoo.org, let us know by replying to this.

Hi Chandoo,

I don't know if it is related or not, but the home page is stuck on data from Jan 30th (Live in Bangkok with 6 comments). The website just won't refresh on this computer. I've cleared the cache, restarted, set the option for webpages to check for new versions every time, tried multiple browsers but nothing seems to fix it. I am pretty sure it is my computer though, because I was able to see updated content via another computer. Accessing the posts via twitter also works and the forums update normally (I think). I am de-fragmenting my hard drive now, as I read that may help, but we'll see. Thanks.

Kyle

Oh Kyle... Defragmenting?!? I thought that was done to prevent Windows from spreading :p

Let me remove the cached files and refresh the site. I think that may help.

Back