• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

simultaneous editing

baynoli

hi all, this is my first time in the forum, my question is that how can i edit a cell which is in reference/link to another sheet(masterlist sheet), is there a way in which i will not go to the masterlist sheet, if i edit the current cell it display the formulas. but not the actual data.

thanks.

nol

Nol

Here are a few options for you

You can use Scenarios

Goto the Data Tab, What If Analysis Button and Select Scenario Manager

But that limits you to changes on the same sheet you are on.

or

you could write a few macros to either put specific values into the other cell or transfer a value from a cell on your sheet or prompt you for a value

or

you can open a new window and the display the 2 windows side by side or above each other, set one window to the page with the value and the other window to the results page. Change the value on the Masterlist sheet and the results will change in front of your eyes.

Why can't you just change sheets and change the value and then change back ?

hi hui, thanks for the reply...i will try this. Regarding you question, I just want to work on a common worksheet without having changing sheet. Like a dashboard, where i can work on the same page and linking all the others.

Back