• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Sheet reference to another sheet in same workbook

shamsheer

Hello,
I have been looking for an solution for below:
When i update sheet1(source in this case) everything should get reflected in sheet4(target) of same workbook simultaneously. Sheet 4 is mainly used for printing purpose which shall be formatted as per user requirement.
The source sheet contains chart,table etc.

Hi !

Do not copy / paste data to Sheet4 but just use formulas
so when Sheet1 is updated, Sheet4 too …

Formula reference shall not work in case of charts. There can be many changes that can happen over the period. Any option to automatically get the new sheet get updated.

I received a VB from another web as below. Problem here is each time when i run it creates new excel workbook instead of updating in existing workbook in different/specified sheet.

Sub CopySheetToNewAndFormat()

'copy sheet 1
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Copy
'set new workbookSet NewWorkbook = ActiveWorkbook

With NewWorkbookWith.Sheets("Sheet1")

'formatting example with rangeWith.Range(.Cells(1,2),.Cells(5,5))'borders.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle = xlContinuous.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).Weight = xlThin'aligment.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter.VerticalAlignment = xlCenter

'colorWith.Interior.Pattern = xlSolid.PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic.ThemeColor = xlThemeColorAccent1.TintAndShade =0.799981688894314.PatternTintAndShade =0EndWithEndWithEndWithEndWith

EndSub

Hi i have attached a sheet. Where whenever i update in booking sheet this should reflect in print sheet. Especially the filter condition & chart from source sheet to target sheet. Target sheet shall be formatted desperately for user to take print out.

Attachments

• Test 22.xlsx
    13.5 KB · Views: 2
Hi ,

Nothing is clear.

The tab labelled Print is a blank worksheet.

What kind of formatting , print range has been done ?

Do a complete job of building up your workbook , and then upload it.

Narayan

Thank you Narayank for the reply. I would require all data from Booking to be viewed / updated in print sheet. Especially when i do filter condition at same time this should get updated in print sheet also.
cell reference shall work for numbers & characters. But for Filter condition & chart i'm not sure how to get in this sheet.
But i will be doing the print format in print sheet at later stage as per users requirement.
Sorry, I cannot upload the actual file since it is confidential.

Back